I’m very excited to be leading the seminar this term. It’s been a few years since we offered the Spring WAC Faculty Seminar, and we’ve brought on a number of new faculty since it last ran.  I’m particularly pleased by the group of faculty engaged in the seminar.  Everyone in the group is interested in working to include writing in upper-level courses in their field, and this will offer us a chance to get into the matter of Writing in the Disciplines (WID) as a component of Writing Across the Curriculum.

Depending on interest, I’ll look to supplement our reading so we can engage with some of the most current scholarship in the area of WID. But I don’t want our seminar to be a mere academic or intellectual exercise, and so the current design has a heavy dose of the practical matter of developing a course that has writing embedded within it.

Everyone will establish a blog for their work in the course, and I’ll do my blogging right here. I encourage comments on my blog, and on everyone’s blog.